January 26, 2008

Emma Turns TWO





This is how I imagined Emma would be on her birthday. "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" was a little too close to home when we celebrated Emma's 2nd birthday on Saturday. I am going to contribute that to the fact that she has been a little under the weather. Anyways, we had a low key, casual, and all out PINK birthday for Emma. When I say everything was pink I am not kidding...plates, napkins, tablecloth, cups, balloons, cupcakes and frosting, birthday banner, and finally the birthday girl's dress. A bonus $7 purchase at Target! It was all too much fun decorating. Well, the tears slowly faded after we realized that all she wanted was to open the presents on the table from Grandma and Grandpa. After a few opened presents we were finally able to sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY and saw a smile on Emma's face as she realized she was going to get to eat a pink cupcake! Her big present waited for her outside. Dad spent more than a couple of hours in the cold the day before putting together the most adorable play house. She was so excited and although she kept telling us she was cold, she insisted on staying outside a little longer to play with her new house. Here are some more pictures of Emma's special day:

5 comments:

  1. I love seeing posts of Emma. She was my nursery favorite!!!! I miss her hugs and snuggles when I would hold her on my lap. Tell her I said Happy Birthday. The play house is too cool!!!!! Love the mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the playhouse! Can't believe Emma is 2. Seems just a few months ago when I surprised you and you were prego with her. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday emma! 2 already? love the new playhouse, joe and i just saw that and want to get it for the girls this spring. hpw fun! cute pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet birthday and cute playhouse. I love your slide show--I've been trying to put one together and I can't seem to get it right. I'm sure it's a user error:)(lol) You'll have to show me how it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The playhouse is darling! Happy Birthday to your Emma!

    ReplyDelete