January 27, 2012

January . Slices of Life

January 8, 2012

Abby and I finally decided to start making our yummy raspberry jam that we used to make in Washington.  We may not have the fresh raspberries from Papa Miller's yard but frozen works just as well.  Abby loved helping me wash the containers and stiring the sugar into the berries.  Her favorite part was licking the spoon at the end. 





January 10, 2012

Finding his calling in life...PETE THE DISH WASHER.  Peter learned that he really loves to wash dishes.  I really can't complain with this new found love.  The best part is I don't have to do it sometimes and I have a kid who is happy doing it.  Everyone wins! 





January 19, 2012

It snowed for the first time this winter and Abby and I went out for just a bit to enjoy the small flakes that were falling from the sky.  We didn't get much snow today but Abby was still mesmerized by it all.  I loved watching her have so much fun.





January 22, 2012

Now that we have afternoon church we don't get home until 5pm.  On this particular night we had to stay in our church clothes because we were heading to an adult baptism.  To keep the kids entertained while I got dinner ready quickly I turned on Sound of Music.  The kids (all on their own) started dancing with each other.  It was so cute and so sweet.  At one point each of the boys had one of the girls and they were just twirling them around.  It was a perfect moment.  




January 23, 2012

Abby and Emma started taking tap class and it is a hoot to watch.  The girls love it but have told me that it is much harder than ballet.  After a year of the same moves in ballet I was even getting bored so tap has been good for everyone.  The best part of tap is that my good friend Kate teaches the class.  She is so fun and I love watching this class so much that I almost considered taking the adult tap class.  Too bad it conflicts with my schedule or I might be tapping too. 



January 23, 2012

Peter was awarded his Bear during the cub scout pack meeting.  He has also been awarded his religious square knot and a few electives.  The coolest part of this advancement was that Mike was able to be there.  Believe it or not this was the first advancement Mike has been able to attend.  Between being a Resident during Andrew's cub scout beginnings and last year's travels up to Misawa this was his first one.  It was sweet to see how excited Peter was to have his dad up there with him. 



January 24, 2012

Everyone in Peter's 3rd grade class was asked to do a project on a landform.  It was like a science fair project without the experiment but with a 3D version of their landform.  Peter and Mike sat down one day and did the research together and then Peter found pictures with me and he put his board together.  Mike had a great idea how to do the volcano so he helped get it taped to the board and Peter painted the rest all by himself.  To make the volcano they took an 11x14 sized poster board and rolled it up and taped it together.  They inserted a paper towel roll inside.  So clever.  Peter was so proud of his project and his teacher was also impressed.  I was just happy that he did most of his project all on his own with only a little help from us.  Way to go Peter.