January 22, 2012

Emma's 6th Birthday


It feels like we were just celebrating Emma turning 5 and the excitment of being able to go to Kindergarten.  I can't believe that she is already 6 years old.  This year Emma begged for a friend party  I really couldn't say no two years in a row.  We have now decided to do friend birthdays at ages 4,6,8,12 and 16.  I think I can handle that!  Emma decided on a glamour girl in paris theme this year.  Everything was pink and black and very girly.  I ordered all the decor online and printed everything from home (a great way to do it) but made my own invitations...thank goodness for my silhouette.  We invited lots of friends from class and from church and I made each girl their own shirt.  The girls brought their own skirts and some of the moms stayed to help in our little salon.  After the girls put on their glamour girl shirts (only one girl did not want her shirt on) we opened up the nail salon and everyone got their toe nails and finger nails painted.  This was a BIG hit and it was so much fun.  At one point Abby was feeling a bit left out so I told her to come and get her nails painted...she slowly sat down with her little pouty face and in the end she was happy.  What a goofball! I was so grateful for my friends who stayed to help.  The big hero of the day really goes to Mike who was cleaning, frosting cupcakes, making sandwiches, finishing the goodie bags and so much more.  He even cleaned up the kitchen twice and the lunch while we were opening presents.  He is such a good man, husband, and dad. 

The spread was pink frosted cupcakes, pink chocolate dipped strawberries, pink dipped peanut butter balls, heart shaped cheese sandwhices and raspberry lemonade.  Aside from the fact that the food was delicious and the nail salon a hit the best part of the party was watching Emma feel so incredibly special.  She just loved wearing her new tiara that I bought her from the Japanese dollar store.  Every little girl needs at least one friend birthday party.  I was so happy we decided to do it this year.  Emma got some pretty fun things for her birthday this year including a hello kitty lunch box, her first polly pocket set, a hello kitty doll with her own carrying case, two small puppies with their own carrying case (a total winner), moon dough, girl legos from both grandparents and her siblings, and a personalized jewelry box from mom and dad.  Nothing beats a happy little girl!  Happy Birthday Emma! 


Back: Lexa, Sophia, Audrey, Constance
Front: Kimberly, Sonya, Emma, Katherine