January 5, 2011

Tender Mercies


There comes a day in every woman's life when no matter how independent she is there is just something that she needs that she can not give herself.  I believe that there are many moments, both seen and unseen, where we receive help from both strangers and people we know.  I like to think of myself as one of those strong and indpendent women who tries to take on the world without too much help.  That is not to say that I am at all afraid to ask others for help.  Living overseas has opened my eyes to yet more of life's little quirks.  Living overseas has its challenges but I know that the best way to overcome 99.9% of them is to just have a positive attitude.  This has really carried me through some of the crazy parts about living here.  I have been so grateful for the amazing family time that we have had and for the strong bonds that I have with my kids and with my husband.  I can really see our relationships getting stronger.   It makes me so happy.  There shouldn't be any part of me that feels empty yet sometimes I don't feel quite complete.  Thankfully this is not the emptiness one feels when there is a yearning for more children.   The emptiness I feel is my growth as a woman of God.  I feel like I have so much to give and yet it is somehow so hard to find the right friend to bond with on so many levels but especially the spiritual.  For me a friendship is more than the normal chit chat.  It is about how we can help each other grow as women of God.  If I can't talk spiritual with my best friends then that is a problem.  Through His tender mercies Heavenly Father has heard my prayers and has given me the opportunity through Visiting Teaching to meet a really fabulous woman.  It was amazing that with only one visit we both knew that we were brought together for a divine purpose.  I am so grateful to have met my wonderful friend Myisha.  She sees me for who I am and who I am trying to become and loves me as her sister even though we have not known each other very long.  It's nice to have someone that is experiencing similar things.  I think we all need someone like that in our lives wherever we may be living.  I feel like part of my emptiness has been filled.  This has been a huge blessing for me. Since I am in the Primary at church I don't get that many opportunities to be around the other women and be uplifted.  I will be forever grateful for Heavenly Father's tender mercies and how they have brought me to meet such wonderful women.

No comments:

Post a Comment