January 28, 2011

Emma's 5th Birthday


I never actually thought the day would come that my little girl would turn 5 years old.  Not only does she look older than she did a year ago but she acts older too.  She is such a sweet girl and a really good helper.  She is kind and gentle but definitely has her mind set on doing things her way.  I love seeing more and more freckles appear on her cute little face...especially her nose.  She is already so much like me it is kind of scary.  Emma was really excited to turn 5 because she is so anxious to go to school this year.  We had plans on sending her to the Japanese preschool but I think my selfishness has kept her at home with me a little longer.  She is so much fun to have around and such a good playmate for Abby.  It will be lonely when she leaves us in the fall to go to Kindergarten but I know that she is going to love it. 


I was surprised that Emma's love for ballet stuck past the first couple of months of ballet class.  Both she and Abby talk about ballet frequently and so it seemed fitting that Emma wanted ballerina cupcakes this year.  After searching for the perfect ballerina cupcakes I finally found the cutest ballerina cupcake toppers.  They required a little bit of preparation but when they were done they were absolutely perfect.  Oh, and Emma LOVED them.  HERE is a link for the tutuorial on how to make them.  We just did a family party this year although after seeing the cute cupcake toppers I wished I had more time to plan a fun party with a few girls....maybe next year!  The boys enjoyed the cupcakes as well and had fun being boys and smashing their faces in the frosting.  Andrew was proud of his Santa Clause face.  Everyone definitely got into it.   Since I forgot to get candles (because I always have candles on hand except they all got thrown away with the move) we had to use tealight candles for Emma to blow out.  So much for being prepared on that end of it.  Thankfully she didn't care too much...but she did have to have 5 of them. 

I was really prepared in ordering all of Emma's gifts an entire month in advance knowing that things take a little longer to get here.  I was extrememly disappointed when her main present didn't arrive.  So I did the next best thing and took pictures of them for her.  Luckily a present from her grandparents and one of our gifts did arrive so she was able to open up some gifts on her birthday.  To this day the ironing board and iron are still not here and they have been resent.  I hope they get here soon.  Funny thing is the thing I wanted to get for her was on backorder until May.  I ordered it anyways thinking that it would be fun for Abby's birthday in June.  Well, it came right after Emma's birthday.  So, I guess in the end it all worked out. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment