November 5, 2010

Kannonzaki Park

Today we took the kids to Kannonzaki Park. The entire park area is just beautiful as it sits up on a hill and overlooks the water. We parked on one end and walked the trails up to the top. Once me made it to the top there was a paved trail that spanned the entire upper level of the park. We first stopped at a memorial and then at the first roller slide park. To get to the small roller slide park we went through a series of small playgrounds and some fun little obstacles. The roller slide at this area was small but the kids enjoyed it still. There was also a small climbing wall and a ropped play structure. We were glad we took the advice of friends and brought our own slides to sit on. It was hard to get the kids to continue to the next park but we knew that the main roller slide would be so much fun. We took the trail through yet more beautiful trees and a giant field. We finally made it to the main roller slide and at the top there was this amazing pirate ship play structure. I couldn't believe how FAST we went down the slide. It made me a little nervous to let Emma go by herself but she was just fine. Mike and I took turns taking Abby on our laps and with her we went super fast. We were going so fast that I ended up digging my heals into the rollers to slow down not wanting to go too fast with Abby on my lap. On the way back up to the top I noticed that I had actually rubbed off some of the rubber from my shoes. Yikes. I learned to pick up my heels from then on. It was so much fun to let the kids ride the slides as many times as they wanted. It wasn't crowded at all and the hike back up was super quick. There were actually two ways to get back up to the top: the normal trail with some stairs and the obstacle course way. We all headed up the obstacle course the first time and then took the normal and faster way back up to the top the rest of the time. We will definitely be coming back here really soon because we had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment