October 16, 2010

Fall Soccer

Soccer season is always bitter sweet for me. The boys LOVE to play soccer and it is a good chance for them to work on their ball skills and make new friends. How could I deny them of something that they enjoy so much? I love to see how happy they are when they run their hearts out to steal the ball or when they are in the right spot at the right time and make a goal. I love to see how proud they are of themselves when they start to really understand what position they are playing. I love to see them work with their teammates and to feel part of something special. I just love to see my boys happy. It makes all of the sacrifice worthwhile. For me the multiple trips during the week to base for soccer wasn't pleasant. Dragging the girls along and trying to squeeze in dinner before or after soccer practice was difficult. I was not a fan of the away games for Andrew's team that on occasion took us about an hour to get to. But looking back I know that both Mike and I did it because we love our boys. This year Mike was able to help out by being Andrew's coach. I was grateful for that because it allowed us to move Peter to a team that practiced on the same day as Andrew's team. I know that Andrew enjoyed having his dad for a coach. Andrew played #25 for the Blue Lightenings and Peter played #8 for the Navy Seals. Both boys learned a lot this season and came out better soccer players. So at the end of soccer season I can finally give a big sigh of relief. Only 10 more months until next soccer season but next time we might try and put the boys on a local Japanese team. Less commuting time and closer games=happier parents!


Peter



Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment