April 3, 2010

Coloring Easter Eggs


It always seems that things in our family get so busy around Easter time. This year was no exception and it was actually a bit busier than normal. I have had easter egg decorating kits for the past two years but for some reason we never quite have enough time to do them when Easter rolls around. This year I thought it would be fun to let the kids finally decorate some eggs. I first gave them a little talk about being careful around the dye so as to not touch their clothes with it or put their fingers in their mouth. I quickly realized that I scared them too much to the point that no one wanted to touch the dye for fear something bad would happen to them. After reassuring them it would not hurt them but to just be careful and wipe their hands on the paper towels instead of their clothes they proceeded to finally have fun. Well, I should really say that Emma and Peter had fun. Andrew was a little paranoid still so it took all I had to get him to sit down and color one egg. I told him he had to smile for just one picture. Next time I will just keep my big mouth shut and let them have innocent fun. Maybe next year we will actually get around to decorating our colored eggs. Baby steps!!







No comments:

Post a Comment