February 19, 2009

Braces Update

I went for a routine appointment to get my wires changed with the intention of asking how long I would really have to keep these braces on my already straight teeth. This is something that I get asked frequently from my supportive husband who seems to be just as curious as me in any possible update in the matter. Things are looking great and so I proposed the question to my awesome Orthodontist. He said it was looking more like 18 months instead of 2 years. That puts the long awaited day somewhere near October. I am just so happy that I will be done with all of this sometime this year. Has it been worth it so far?? DEFINITELY. Yes it has been extremely painful and annoying at times, but the results far outway the discomfort. Ask me three months ago and I would probably tell you something else. For now, having already gone through the worst of it, I am extremely happy with the results so far. Thank goodness that the end is in sight!

Since this picture I have learned that things are going so well that it may be sooner than 18 months. I will keep my fingers crossed but not expect anything less than 18 months! I can live with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment