February 20, 2009

Saltars Point

One of the things I will truly miss when we leave this area is this quaint little rocky beach only 10 minutes away from our house. It was a sunny afternoon this particular Friday and we were planning on meeting some friends to play and hopefully take some pictures of our kids. I picked the boys up early from school to maximize our time at the beach before it got dark and cold. I usually like to take pictures of my kids without anyone else there because they get distracted quite easily. Realistically, candid pictures work out best for all of us because they don't really like to stand and pose. Since my kids LOVE rocks I went to Target earlier that day and bought them buckets for $1. They had a blast collecting rocks, throwing rocks in the water, playing with their friends, jumping off logs, and being able to wear shirts without jackets on. The other cool part about this little beach is the bridge that goes over the railroad tracks. Every time a train would come by the kids all ran to the top of the bridge and watched the train speed by below them. The swiftness of the train would rattle the bridge and blow air up into their faces. At first the younger crew didn't appreciate the loudness of it all but after the third train or so, they decided it wasn't so bad after all. I wish I had a picture of it but I was just enjoying the moment. I can't wait until the days are warmer so we can come back to this place and enjoy the beautiful place we live in.


No comments:

Post a Comment