January 12, 2009

The Mess

On Mondays I swap running with a good friend. I was so tired after my run that I came home, put Abby down for a nap and then just let Emma and Peter play like crazy. They are really good playmates and usually have so much fun dressing up and just playing anything and everything. Emma will even play with the boy's dressups and it is not uncommon for me to hear her and Peter running around as cowboys and knights. When I asked Emma if she was a cowgirl she promptly corrected me and said, "I am not a cowgirl, I am a cowboy." Oh, ok Emma. By the time they were done playing Emma's bed was full of toys and the entire floor in Peter's room was covered. Usually they are pretty good at sticking to a few toys but today it turned a bit crazy. While it should have bothered me to see such a disaster right before taking Peter to school I actually felt thankful that they played so well together. I am grateful that my children really do love each other despite their differences. And when they do fight, because they do, I am quick to remind myself that more often than not they play really well and do love each other very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment