January 29, 2009

Emma's Birthday . 3 years old


After seeing her brothers have birthday parties year after year Emma decided it was finally time for a party of her very own. I agreed that three would be a good age for a little girl party. She wanted to have a princess party and invite some of her very close friends. They all dressed up in their favorite princess dresses. They actually let me take their pictures....the boys would have never let me do that. The girls had fun coloring and using their princess stickers to make their pages just beautiful. The best of her birthday was a surprise that came through the door just as the party was starting....her DADDY! Mike was somehow able to come home early and surprise Emma for her first birthday. I wish I had a picture of the two of them hugging. It was really sweet.

I used to make cakes for the boys when they were younger and realized I had never made Emma a fun cake. Thank goodness for Michaels and their great cake pans. I made a princess castle cake for Emma and it turned out pretty cute. Peter got all excited when he saw that I could make him a knight castle for his birthday in April.

Emma had fun opening her gifts from her friends. Cute Taylor read her card to Emma because Emma can't read yet and explained what she drew for her. It was priceless. I am so thankful that Emma has good friends.

Emma enjoyed opening up cards from her grandparents and presents from the rest of the family. I made Emma a doll and a quilt for her doll that matches the quilt I made for her bed. I also made her a pad and pillow to go with her doll cradle. The cradle was given to me from my grandfather when I was a little girl. He actually handmade the cradle and a couple of years ago my mom sent me home with my cradle so Emma could enjoy it. I had Mike paint it white because I love girls and white things. Emma has really enjoyed it and loves her dolls even more that they have a comfy place to sleep. She also got a cute white high chair for her dolls from the boys. Happy Birthday my sweet princess girl.

To see a picture of her new doll and the quilt, click HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment