May 29, 2008

Nearing the End



anxious . excited . uncomfortable . nervous . contractions . bathroom calls . no room left . anticipation . overjoyed . nesting . cleaning . organizing . last minute projects . love to feel the baby moving . napping . eating without feeling guilty . decorating the room . feeling happy



These are just some of the things I have been feeling as I approach the last month of pregnancy. Overall I have been doing rather well--except for those really bad days. I never know if I am going to wake up feeling great or just plain horrible. My belly is already quite large but I know it will only continue to get bigger as the weeks go on. I am not really sure how she fits in there. It really is amazing if you think about it. The thing that I enjoy the most is feeling her move. Like my other kids in the womb, little Abigail moves around quite a bit. It is the most relieving feeling to know that she is still alive in there. She is sitting quite low so there are definitely some uncomfortability issues. On the flip side, I don't have the nasty heartburn I normally get because of how low she is sitting. It's always interesting when people ask me how much longer I have. When I tell them another month they usually say, "Really?" No...I'm lying...I'm due tomorrow. Yeah I know my belly is big, but hey, I'm a short gal! I've also been told that I look like I am going to pop. Thanks a lot! It's a good thing this isn't my first or I would probably be in tears. So if you are wondering how much farther I have to go...5 weeks to be exact. Everyone I talk to thinks I won't make it that long...but I probably will! So here's to the next 5 weeks...may they be quick and painless!

No comments:

Post a Comment