December 1, 2007

First S N O W









We heard it was going to snow but we weren't sure we believed it until we saw the biggest snow flakes we had ever seen. Since it doesn't snow very much here, you never know how long it is going to last or if it will even stick. So, we quickly got on our warm jackets, hats, and gloves and played in whatever came down. The kids were mesmerized by it all and I know that they wished it had snowed harder so we could have enough snow to build a snowman....maybe later in the season we will be so lucky. Andrew just kept telling us to stay off the grass because he didn't want the snow to go away. Oh yeah, and the bikes did come out even in the snow. I guess it's been too long since we've played outside with all the rain we've been having! Today was a great way to start out this December and the Christmas season!

5 comments:

  1. So you are such a better Mom than me! I sent my poor kids out, who were bursting with excitement, in their school jackets. No gloves, no hats. They were all back in the house crying with purple hands in less than 30 minutes. They were begging for their snow clothes but I didn't feel like climbing over all the stuff in the garage to get the bucket down without Dave's help. Pretty fun day though wasn't it.
    PS I'll trade you out of focus turkeybowl picture for generic Seattle marathon pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara I LOVE your pictures, the one of you and Emma is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics. I heard you are getting quite the storms there. Hope everyone is O.K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara Sara Sara! I'm so happy that you found my blog. You look so great and your kids are so darling!!! I can't believe that you have three kids! They totally look like you too! So cute! I haven't checked my e-mail for a few days - are you coming to NYC for the reunion? I would love to see you but at least I can read your blog and get caught up on your life! You pop into my head every now and then and I always wonder what you're up to. You're the best! Thanks for inviting me to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear the snow didn't last long...lots of rain followed if my sources are correct. We too have been having tons of rain here and I am loving it. I actually had to go buy Anne a sweatshirt because it is cold in her classroom at school! She takes it off to go play outside at recess...living here is so wierd.

    ReplyDelete