August 27, 2012

First Day of School

Emma


"I had a good day today.  I made new friends.  I can tell you a girl I met and her name is Isabelle.  I played with my friend Euclid, Kazuya, and Joshua at recess.  It was fun.  My teacher is nice.  Her name is Ms. Switzer.  Today we went to centers and there are these black bands and you get them when you do something nice for somebody.  You earn the bands and then on Friday you get to have your own free time for earning bands.  You start out with 5 bands and today I earned one for playing nice so now I have 6 bands.  Our teacher gave us a treat bag today that had an eraser, and a maze game, a marker, a hershey kiss, a pencil and a smarties candy.  She is really nice.  On the way home on the bus my friend London made me origami frogs.  He told me that tomorrow he will make me more frogs." 


Peter


"I had a good day.  My teacher is Mr. Applegate and he is very nice.  He has tiny peanut butter and jelly snacks we can earn for either doing good work or winning a class contest.  There is one kid in my class who is on my soccer team.  His name is Jade.  There are six people who were in my class last year.  Their names are Sophie, Sachie, Brandon, Tito, Cai, and Annie.   Mr. Applegate told us the rules of the classroom and stories about why we should obey the rules.  Mr. Applegate does magic tricks when we have spare time.  He can shuffle with one hand without looking.  He can be a strict teacher but he is also really nice.  We can get books from our classroom library and I picked a book called, "Chronicles Edge." It has 300 something pages. 

I went to Host Nation today and our teacher's name is Nemoto sensei.  She is the nicest host nation teacher in the school.  Nemoto sensei said that Tito and I were doing a good job today because we were trying our best.  The girls chased me at recess today.  I was toasting at recess because it was so hot.  Almost everyone I saw today was sweating.  For the first time in my life I saw 5th graders at the playground.  I got to sit in the new cafeteria upstairs where the old MPR room was.  It is really nice and there is a menu right before you can get your hot lunch so it is kind of like a restaurant. 

At the end of school I got on the bus.  London gave me a book on origami and some origami paper so I could make UFO's.  He had tiny origami papers so I could make a normal UFO mothership and tiny UFO spaceships." 

Andrew


"My first day of middle school was really fun. It was different than other middle school days. Today I did A & B days. First period I had Math, second period I had Science, third period I had Social Studies, fourth period I had PE, fifth period I had Language Arts, then I had lunch/recess, sixth period I had Reading, seventh period I had Band and eighth period I had Seminar.  This was both A & B days crammed in one day. That must’ve been hard for the teachers.  A days I have math, science, social studies, and PE (in the second semester of school my PE class is gone and I go to computer apps).  Last year in 5th grade my class took a tour of the middle school. This was near the end of the school year. I saw a girl’s binder and it was HUGE. I think my binder might be that big someday or bigger.  I hope that I don’t get too much homework."

Abby
 

Abby is excited to be at home with mom during her last year before Kindergarten. She looks forward to lots of mommy and me time where we will play but also work on writing letters, learning to read, and being creative with art.


No comments:

Post a Comment