November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving in Tokyo

We took the easiest and laziest option possible for Thanksgiving this year and made a reservation to do the Thanksgiving Buffet up at the New Sanno in Tokyo.  We were even able to stay 2 nights up at the Sanno which made for a much needed relaxing getaway for the holiday!  Some of our good friends met us up on Thanksgiving morning and we took them to see Meiji Shrine, Harajuku, and Shibuya crossing.  Mike and I hadn't been back to Meiji Shrine since we were there last back in 1998.  I was surprised at how much I did not remember.  The kids enjoyed having some friends to hang out with too.  While we were there we saw the cutest Japanese family with both of their girls dressed in their kimonos.  They were to die for cute so I took a couple of pictures of them.  I can hardly wait to find kimonos for me and girls so we can get dressed up like that.  As always as we were exiting the Shrine area some Japanese ladies were overwhelmed by all of our blonde headed kids and they just had to take some pictures of them.  We can't go anywhere without being stopped at least once. 

After finishing up our little Tokyo excursion we headed back to the hotel for our long awaited Thanksgiving Dinner.  It was fabulous and I didn't have to cook a thing which was even nicer.  The only thing I really missed was my homemade rolls and my sweet potatoes...I didn't care for their version of sweet potatoes.  Other than that it was perfect.  With no option of doing a Turkey here in Japan we might have to do this again next year!