November 21, 2011

November Field Trips

After last school year I told myself that I was going to be more involved in the kids classes. I wanted to not only know more about what they were doing in the classroom but I wanted to get to know the other kids in their class and their teacher. With Abby still at home I find that it is still hard to volunteer on a regular basis so I decided to start by volunteering on field trips. Both Emma and Peter went on their field trips this month to the same place, but on different days. They went to Soleil No Oka Park. While there with Emma's class we made pizza and got to eat it. Peter's class got to work with bread and they were each able to mold their dough into various shapes to be baked. Peter made a catepillar. They also got to make butter. I remember doing that as a kid too. Both Peter and Emma had a great time with these activities but really enjoyed the other rides and attractions that the park had to offer. By far the favorite of most of the kids was hill sledding. They all called it the butt slide...nice! There was also a nice playground, a zip line, crazy bikes, a train ride, and horses to ride. We didn't ride the horses because they were a bit expensive to ride but we did most of the other things. Overall it was a super fun place for the kids to be and a fun place to be a chaperone!

Emma's Fieldtrip:



Peter's Field Trip: