July 30, 2011

Slices of Life

July 12, 2011


Legos, Legos EVERYWHERE is usually what I find myself in when I enter the boys room.  They have so many legos, most of which were inherited from Mike's collection as a kid.  Back in Washington we had a great lego table that Grandpa Al built for the boys that they were able to spread their legos in but we left the table in storage not knowing if we would have room for it.  Up until this point we have just put all the legos in a big deep bin.  The downside of that is that they can't see the legos at the bottom and dumping the bin out is not an option because it would take FOREVER to put them away.  Something had to be done about this lego problem and I was happy to think of a new system for the boys where everyone wins.  I found these really long under the bed bins at the NEX on base.  I bought three of them and filled them all with legos and rolled them under the bed.  The great thing about these bins is that there is a natural division in the middle of the lid so you can open just one of the sides and leave the other closed.  Now they can find everything they need and roll it under the bed when they are done.  I also cleared away space in the built in bookcase for their creations.  I definitely want to encourage their creativity and this way I am not annoyed with all the legos everywhere!


July 15, 2011


Grandpa Al came to visit us for a week while on a business trip to Japan.  We were able to take him up to the New Sanno to stay the night and then into Tokyo to explore.  The kids loved being with Grandpa and he loved being with them.  I really enjoyed the moments where he was just with them, tickling them, or just talking with them.  Those are the moments I cherish the most.  We were so grateful to see Grandpa even though it was for a short time.