July 9, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Well the day finally came where we had to say goodbye to family and some of our really good friends. It is always hard everytime I have to say goodbye to my parents. My mom and I exchanged a good little cry and I knew that even though we would be in touch it wouldn't be the same as having her so close.

When we got back to Washington we were able to have a fun evening with our friends the Steve and Kirsti while they were visiting from Texas. We loved being able to catch up with them and to visit with our other friends Rachel and Nate. We had a fabulous BBQ and the kids played on the slip-n-slide. Our time together went all too fast and before we knew it we had to say goodbye.

The night before we flew out of the country we spent the evening with our friends Jen and Dave. It was a crazy night as we checked all of our bags into our hotel near the airport. As luck would have it we were able to sell our minivan last minute. We got that all taken care of that night before heading over to our friends home. They were so gracious to wait for us to eat dinner with them. We loved hanging out with Jen and Dave and were sad to say goodbye. They have been such great friends. I only wish we had spent more time with them while we lived in Washington.

I will cherish all the times we enjoyed with some of our great friends. I hope that our paths will cross again! As for family, I know that they will come to visit. We will just have to become excellent skypers! It was sad waving goodbye to our house. We will miss our home in Dupont!



No comments:

Post a Comment