March 12, 2008

What a BRUISER



To think that I actually thought my little girl would breeze by the two's without those terrible bruises is crazy, I know! On Friday as we were waiting for Andrew during his piano lessons, Emma desperately wanted to get out of her car seat and sit in the passenger seat next to me. I usually keep her in her car seat while we are waiting but I thought that maybe just this once it would be ok. Andrew had reclined the seat all the way back before his lessons to rest a bit from a long day at school. It didn't take too long before Emma discovered how much fun it would be to click and unclick the seat belt. With the seat reclined and her laying down, it wasn't a problem. Until....WACK! The seat belt pelted her right in the eye and she received her first trauma to the face. It's funny because everyday she wakes up I think it will look a little better. I should know better....bruises always look worse a couple days out. So here we are in the yucky yellow brown phase. If this wasn't bad enough. On Monday before Family Home Evening, I was sitting at the piano ready to play our opening song and could hear Peter and Emma running towards the stairs and then all I heard was crying. Emma had gotten knocked down and was probably more in shock than hurt. As she ran sobbing to me (I must be pregnant because I didn't bolt up to get her) she stumbled over her feet and hit the molding around the window. ANOTHER BRUISE...yikes. It sure makes you feel like the dumbest mom when you walk around and your child has not one but TWO bruises on her face. This is the life of a 2 year old!

1 comment: