November 14, 2007

Growing up too fast


Everyone has been telling me how much Emma has grown up. I guess sometimes I still think of her as my little baby girl. The other day after church I just thought she looked so cute so I kept her in her church clothes to take pictures of her just playing. Her latest joy is turning the light switch in her room on and off. How does she reach it---she stands on the arm of her little couch chair and she is just tall enough to reach it. Other than her new temper tantrums and her ability to say three and four word sentences, I have been in denial that she is growing up. The other night when we were singing songs before bed, she sang most of the words to "I Am a Child of God" and "The Temple Song" with me. I was so touched that she could actually sing with me and that she had been listening to those songs as I would sing them to her before bed everynight. Now as I say, "Goodnight Emma," she says, "Goodnight mommy." Then before I walk out of her room I say, "I love you Emma," and she says, "I love you mommy." Why do they have to grow up so fast? I sure am lucky to have this little girl!

4 comments:

  1. She is so so cute and I agree with you that it goes by just too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sara, what a cute picture. I can hardly wait until I can give Emma a big hug.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture. She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of got teary-eyed reading this! =) My Bryan is growing so fast as well, and while I love seeing the new things he'll do or so, I want him to stay my little guy forever! Your kids are all darling, by the way. I enjoy reading up on what you guys are up to!

    ReplyDelete