October 14, 2007

The Museum of Flight



"Look mom, this plane has real missiles!!!" This was the first thing Andrew and Peter said when we got out of our car and walked across the street to view this huge fighter jet just outside the Museum of Flight. We finally made it to the coolest museum ever.



The kids were amazed to be able to see and touch the big planes. Andrew and Peter were actually able to sit in and steer a little blue plane and tilt it from side to side. Emma was a little jealous. There were other planes that the kids could sit in and touch the buttons.



The funniest thing that happened while we were there was when Peter was in one of the little planes. All of a sudden the plane started making noise as if it were going to take off. Mike looked at Peter and said, "Pete, you are about to take off." With BIG eyes Peter replied, "Dad, I don't know how to stop it." Poor kid actually thought it was taking off.



Of course, one of the main attractions was the Space Exhibit. What kid doesn't find astronauts and space just amazing? Peter has told us that now he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up and insists that he is going to be an astronaut for Halloween. Wish me luck with the costume!

6 comments:

  1. What a great day that was! So glad I was there to enjoy it with the kids. Your comments made me smile all over again. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can believe it I have never been to the museum! Looks like so much fun, I might have to take the kids soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, when I was young I wanted to be an astronaut. I was in my teens when the first man went into space. I see that Andrew and Peter may have the same dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This museum is a little Seattle treasure. So nice and big and clean. I'm glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day that sounds like =)
    Oh and just from looking at the photos I think Andrew is taller than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just waiting to see Hawaii pics now:) I wanted to pass on that I just tagged you, so check out my blog for more info.

    ReplyDelete