October 7, 2007

A Favorite Spot



For the past two years we have enjoyed swinging on a tire swing hidden in a grove of oak trees near our house. On Sundays, rain or shine, we will go for a walk as a family. More often than not, we end up passing by the swing. Underneath it is a well worn patch of earth from the countless feet getting ready for a ride. Our favorite time to swing is now, when the wind is easing through the trees and leaves fall lazily through the air around you. It's just the right temperature for a sweater but not cold enough that your nose gets red. You can smile, lean back and glide through the brisk air. Then, of course, you have to let the kids have a turn.






7 comments:

  1. I hope they keep the tire swing there even when they finish the park. Love the pictures of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I not know about this swing. You are supposed to share DuPont treasures like this. Oh, how fun! I remember the tire swing when I was a kid. What a walk down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah your pictures are great! I love the swing as well. I hope you got a lot of good pictures at Steilacoom park. We had a good weekend for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about this tire swing so many times, I've just never ventured out to find it. You'll have to show us some time! The pictures at sunset are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Sara. or Mike. Whomever! Although, I am sure it helps when your little subjects are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love to see your new blog entries so I use RSS to let me know when a new one is posted. I love the black and white picture of the swing to start off, then the color photos of those of the kids. Very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara, beautiful pictures. Love your journaling too. What happy memories.

    ReplyDelete