June 6, 2013

Tokyo Temple

Today was our last session in the Tokyo Temple and part of me was so sad about that.  We have loved living only an hour away from the Tokyo LDS Temple.  The Tokyo Temple was actually the first LDS temple I was able to go into as a youth.  I remember doing baptisms for the dead and thinking how cool it would be to see the rest of the temple.  For the past three years we have  faithfully attended the Tokyo Temple as often as we could.  What made attending this temple so unique were the wonderful friends from my youth that I would see there.  Between temple workers and full time senior missionaries, I was able to reconnect with some great people.  It was the first time I realized what it meant to be united as friends and family eternally.  Even though these people were not related to me, they were my family and there was no place I wanted to be more than inside that temple.  It was the most amazing experience to be part of something like that.  I know Mike and I will always have such fond memories of this temple and the spiritual experiences we had there.

No comments:

Post a Comment