January 31, 2013

Slices of Life . January

January 3, 2013

The one thing I will not miss about living overseas is the delay in the mail.  We got a huge pile of Christmas cards after the beginning of the year.  It wasn't just a couple of cards but a huge stack.  I can't imagine that many people sent them that late.  I still put up the pictures on our wall and kept them there for the next two months!



January 6, 2013

As the Sunday School teacher for all the youth in our ward I was so excited to teach out of the new youth program, Come Follow Me.  I put together journal books with the themes for each month so that they could take notes during class.  They were a huge hit.



January 22, 2013

I am so lucky to live next to the coolest Japanese family.  Kay and I have become such good friends and between her ability to speak a little English and my ability to use a little Japanese we have been able to communicate pretty well.  Kay was really excited to teach me how to cook some good Japanese dishes so we scheduled our first cooking lesson.  Cooking with Kay was so much fun and the meal we prepared today was so delicious.  Abby and Koto had so much fun playing while Kay and I talked and cooked together.

No comments:

Post a Comment