December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

This Christmas morning was like no other. I woke up around 7:30am to the sound of stomping and whispering. I could tell that the boys were already up but what were they up to?? I was so tired from staying up way too late and couldn't pull myself out of bed. By the time I was able to drag myself to the hallway to see what was going on, all I saw was the glow of flashlights. My boys were trying to sneak downstairs and see what Santa had brought. I quickly told them to come upstairs and was a bit stern in telling them they were naughty. I guess I was a little disappointed because I wanted to see the true surprised look on their face when they saw their gifts. I soon realized after talking with them that they really didn't see anything because their flashlights were not working well. I was relieved! This reminds me of the time when I was younger and my dad got so tired of my older brothers sneaking downstairs so one year he put an alarm at the bottom of the stairs so if they passed by the beam on the way down the alarm would go off. I think my brothers were surprised that Christmas. It might have kept them from coming down for another year or two but as you all know who have boys...they always find more ways to be sneaky!

After getting Mike to finally get up and get dressed I made them sit at the top of the stairs for our traditional picture. I love Emma's face when I tell her to smile at me. She squints her eyes and opens her mouth real wide. What a goof!

Santa always writes a thank you letter for the cookies and milk. The kids really enjoy his letter and the little reindeer paw print stamp on the bottom from the reindeer.

EMMA

This year Emma got a brand new pink kitchen from Santa. She loved it and just hugged it when she saw it. I think she was so excited by the separate refrigerator. She played for a while making me breakfast and then decided that she was going to try and see if she would fit inside. This is the face of someone checking to see if anyone is looking.


And off she goes inside. I couldn't believe that she actually could fit inside and almost shut the door. The things these kids come up with!


Emma was also very excited by all the hello kitty items she got from mom and dad. Her absolute favorite was her hello kitty lunchbox. She had been asking for that for months.



PETER

This year Peter got a personalized bean bag chair and pokeman cards from Santa. He was so excited by his new cards and quickly went and got his binder so he could put his new cards in the sleeves.


We drew names this year in our own family and the boys got each other. They had so much fun buying presents for each other. Andrew got Peter a little nerf gun and Peter loved it. He was so excited when he opened it up.



ABBY

This year Abby enjoyed watching from her bumbo seat. There is not much this baby needs that she doesn't already have!



ANDREW

This year Andrew also got a personalized bean bag chair and pokeman cards from Santa. He was most excited by the fact that there were some Level X pokeman cards. Who knows what that really means. All I know is that he was as happy as a clam.


One of the things Andrew had asked for was a game called Pirana Panic. Peter wanted to get it for him so bad. We went to a couple of different stores before we finally found it. It was so sweet to see how Peter just wanted Andrew to be happy. Andrew was thrilled to say the least.





MOM and DAD


We just enjoyed watching our kids enjoy their presents this year. We did small things for each other but not anything big. This year was all about the kids and it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment